Goods and service Tax is destination-based consumption tax from manufacturer to consumer in same pattern and same rate. It has replaced many indirect taxes in Indian and the government has successfully achieved “One Nation One Tax” Agenda.
GST was introduced in India from July 2017. If the turnover is exceeding 40 lakh rupees in a financial year (10 lakh for north eastern Hill stated) as per the amendment from 1st April 2019. It is compulsory for getting GST Registration.
Compulsory GST Registration
GST Registration can be done on following basis: –
· Previous law converted tax payer: – If any individual or a company is registered under previous tax law like VAT, service tax etc then it is compulsory to get registered and get a new GST Registration.
· Non-Resident Indian (NRI): – A non- resident person or a person who is handling business of NRI in India then it’s compulsory to get New GST Registration.
· On the basis of Turnover: -. If the turnover is exceeding 40 lakh rupees in a financial year (10 lakh for north eastern Hill stated) as per the amendment from 1st April 2019. It is compulsory for getting GST Registration.
· Reverse charge Mechanism (RCM): -If an individual or company fall under the category of RCM then it is required for GST Registration
· E-commerce sellers: – If an individual is selling online through flip kart amazon etc then it is required to get GST registration
· E-commerce Aggregator portal: – If anybody want to start own E-commerce business then for E-commerce Registration GST Registration is required.
Documents Required for New GST Registration: –
For individuals and Sole Proprietors
ü PAN card and Aadhar Card
ü For Self occupied property
· Utility Bill
· Registry copy of property
ü For Rented
· Rent Agreement
· Utility Bill
ü Proprietor’s photograph
ü Bank account Details
ü Partnership Firm: –
ü PAN card of the Partnership firm and the deed
ü Partnership Firm Agreement
ü Partner’s Address proof and pan card
ü Photographs of partners involved
ü Bank details
Hindu undivided Families (HUFs)
ü HUFs pan card
ü Karta’s pan card
ü Owner’s photograph
ü Business principle address proof
Companies/ Start ups:
ü Company Pan card
ü MCA incorporation certificate
ü Signatory’s appointment proof
ü Signatory’s address proof
ü Signatory’s pan card
ü PAN card of all directors
ü Bank details
ü Passport size photo of all directors
Society or Club:
ü Registration certificate of society or club
ü PAN card of the club or society
ü Photographs of partners or promoters
ü Bank account statement/crossed cheque/passbook’s first page
ü Proof of registered office’s address
Step by Step GST Registration: –
1. Go to GST Portal and click on Services. Then click on Registration tab and after that select, ‘New Registration
2. Enter the details after selecting ‘New registration’ Radio button
· In drop-down “I am a” click on Taxpayer
· Select the State and district in the dropdown box
· Then after that enter the name of business and PAN
· Then enter e-mail Address and Mobile number on which you will receive the OTPs.
· Then click on proceed
3. After clicking on proceed enter OTPs received on email address and mobile and then click on continue
4. After Validation of the OTPs ‘Temporary Reference number” is displayed on the window and this TRN is also sent on Registered E-mail Address.
5. Then again go on GST Portal and select New Registration tab. Now select the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) radio tab and enter it and also enter the captcha code displayed.
http://6.An OTP will be received on registered mobile number. Verify with otp and click on proceed
7. After that GST registration application status will be shown in draft. Click on the edit Icon.
8. A new window will be opened which will be having 10 sections which are to be filled accordingly. The documents which will be required in these sections are
· Aadhar Card
· Pan card
· Bank account detail’s
· Proof of place of business
9. When all the details are filled, Click on verification tab and tick on the declaration and submit the application.
· Submission can be done by the following ways: –
o Companies and LLP’s should submit through DSC
o Using EVC- through which OTP will be sent to registered mobile number.
10. After submitting “Application Reference number” (ARN) will be sent to registered e-mail address and Mobile Number though which application can be tracked.
Get GST Registration now by My Legal Tax